Outsmarted

During ski season, I bring peanuts, raisins, and chocolate chips with us for a snack.  Henry learned that if he asked for it while we were at home, I was pretty willing to get it for him.  When it started, he would eat all three components but over time, he stopped eating the peanuts.  I only get him a small bowl and only once a day, so I just stopped putting peanuts in.  We've been doing this for months.  Now that the weather is cooling down again, Henry noticed that we have some mini marshmallows that I put in their hot cocoa.  He asked if he could have raisins, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.  Well, since it's only once a day and a small bowl, I have started adding a few marshmallows to the top.  Today we are out of raisins, so his "trail mix" snack has morphed all the way to a bowl of chocolate chips and marshmallows. 

As I type this, the kids are outside with clickers and treats, teaching the dogs to fetch and come.  And I've been talking to them about how to "shape" the dog's response to commands.  Maybe Henry should be doing the teaching.

Comments

Flipper said…
If the boys teach the dogs on a consistent basis, this sounds like a great plan.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video