Insults from my child

Emmett and I went skiing today. Because of the location of runs at Brighton, I generally have to go down one of the steepest runs I'm willing to ski right at the start of the day. Since I'm not warmed up and it's pretty darn steep (for me, anyway), I tend to try to ski it very slowly, taking shallow traverses across the mountain so I don't feel like I'm going to lose control.

I was talking about that with Emmett on our next lift, saying, "When I'm on the steep stuff I want to be sure I can stop, so I almost stop before every turn, which I know is ridiculous, but..." Emmett jumped right in and said, "Yeah, mom. You look ridiculous."

Comments

Flipper said…
I wonder if Emmett will look at all ridiculous making his own meals?
Flipper said…
Or, ask Emmett if he cares if you break a leg, knee, or ankle and have to stay in bed for three weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video