Wheezy pitas

The Hungry Thing has quickly become one of Emmett's favorite books. For the uninitiated, the Hungry Thing is a beastie that asks for shmancakes when he wants pancakes, tickles when he wants pickles, and so on. There's a little boy in the story who says "Shmancakes sound like fancakes sound like pancakes to me!" and so the townspeople know what to feed to the hungry thing. Emmett loves to yell out "Sounds like pancakes to me!" (and others) along with the story.

At breakfast, I'll ask Emmett if he wants sneezy legs or groatmeal or thereal for breakfast. He giggles and demands cheesy eggs or oatmeal or cereal. This afternoon, I offered Emmett cheesy pitas for a snack, and he replied "Wheezy pitas!" Word play from a two year old!

Later, I asked him if he enjoyed his wheezy pitas. He said "I ate them all up!" (in the book, it always says "and the Hungry Thing ate them all up.")

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video