Disney bits

Emmett and I survived a July trip to Disneyland, and we had a great time. Emmett loves Dumbo, so we rode it many times. He also learned no fewer than three songs -- It's a Small World, The Tiki Room, and Let's All Sing Like the Birdies Sing.

Emmett again had a great time meeting characters, this time hugging Mickey, Pluto, and Goofy. And he waved to lots of performers in the parade, too.

Early morning, while riding Dumbo for the second or third time, I looked at Emmett and said "I'm having a good time with you today." He said "I miss my dad." (and almost made me cry)

We actually stayed in the park until almost 11pm, and Emmett didn't fall asleep in the stroller on the way back to the hotel. (!?) So after showering, unwinding, and getting into bed, it was nearly midnight when I turned off the light. A minute or two later, I heard Emmett singing "It's a Small World" for a verse or two before finally falling asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!