On the road

I'm connected again, and wanted to share a couple of stories from the road.

About a week before we left, we went to Happy Hollow one last time. There's a tram ride there that goes through a tunnel at one point. My friend Sarah said "Hands up in the tunnel," and the kids put their hands up.

While going through Reno, the freeway goes under the strip so there's an underpass that's pretty wide. I noticed that Emmett had his hands up, and asked him what he was doing. He said "Putting my hands up." I asked him why, and he said "Hands up in the tunnel!" He did it again on the second day, in a real tunnel.

Day one featured traffic in Livermore and Sacramento, so our 5 1/2 hour trip turned into 7 hours. Emmett didn't sleep much (poor guy). We passed the time listening to the new Music Together CD given to us by one of our Livermore friends. It was great to have new music that we both enjoyed to listen to! Anyway, Emmett enjoyed listening to "This old man" repeatedly. When we finally arrived at our hotel, Emmett woke up and sleepily said "When I grow up I'm going to learn how to Knick Knack!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.