Current reads

I read something that suggested reading chapter books to kids as young as Emmett, so I've started. Last week we read Stuart Little and Emmett absolutely loved it. This week we're reading James and the Giant Peach. It's got some grim bits in the beginning, but he's loving this one, too. I'm a little afraid he won't want to go back to the picture books!

I think Stuart Little and James and the Giant Peach are actually a little easier (as far as attention span is concerned) than Winnie the Pooh, which Emmett has been enjoying for at least 6 months already. But there is more description and novel vocabulary in Stuart and James to be sure.

I think I'll read Charlotte's Web soon -- anyone have favorite childhood suggestions for me?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Silence of the Lambs! Great read for kids . . .

Also, I need youse guys address.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.