Sleep? Why?

This morning around 5am Emmett woke up. He'd been having a bad dream, and was upset about something. He was saying "I want to go to the park," but he wasn't really awake. In times like these, I tend to tell him whatever it is that he wants to hear, so he'll settle down and sleep. But when it happens as late as 5, I usually bring him to our bed, because he'll have a lot of trouble falling back asleep alone when he's already had almost a full nights sleep.

He continued sleeping for a while, but there was much tossing and some "I want to go the park" yelling. As soon as it started to get light outside, he was trying to talk me into getting up. I'd tell him it was still dark, and so it was still time to sleep.

Finally, getting creative, he said "Do you see that closet door over there?" He pointed to a slightly open closet door. "That means it's morning and time to get up."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video