You know your child is tired when...

Emmett had been eyeing a Toblerone candy bar all week, so when we finally got into the car to drive home we decided to share some with him. David handed him a piece, and then ate one himself. As he finished up, I asked him to look and see how messy Emmett had gotten. When he turned around, Emmett had already fallen asleep. He said "He's still chewing." Emmett tossed his head around a few more times and was out cold.

We arrived home around 6:45am. Emmett really did sleep most of the way, but woke up around 3:30am and stayed awake for a while (I guess he sleeps lightly in the car!). Anyway, since it was getting light already, I decided to let him sleep in our bed if he wanted. I told him that as I changed his diaper, and he agreed to bring his chicken pillow and meet me in my room (I went to put on pjs). When I was done getting ready for bed, Emmett had fallen back asleep on his bed. He'd turned around and was holding his chicken pillow, but he was fast asleep. I think he tried to get up and follow me, but he was just too tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.