What he said...

We've been having a great and busy summer. Here are a few things I've been meaning to get posted for a while.

When David comes home from work, Emmett usually runs to the door to give him a hug. Sometimes, though, he yells "You're home! I'm so excited!"

While in Southern California, David and I went out to dinner without Emmett. When we got home, Emmett yelled "Mom, Dad, you're home! I'm so excited!"

We've been trying to teach Emmett how to have conversations -- not interrupting, waiting for a pause before jumping in, etc. So now, he'll often start yelling "Is there a pause?" when he has something to say. While Oma was visiting, she taught him to say "excuse me." At first he protested that it's something that you say when going past someone. But he caught on quickly, and was soon chanting "Excuse me! excuse me!..." whenever he had something to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video