Games that aren't fun

And I'm not talking about Hi Ho Cherry Oh, Candy Land, or Chutes and Ladders, either.

Emmett seems to have invented a game where he asks you what he's going to do next. For example, he's in the bathtub and asks, "When do you think I'm going to squirt this squirter?" Or more recently, "Which of these things do you think I'm going to pick up next?" He really wants you to make a guess. Once you do, though, he always does something else. You can never win.

David and I started asking each other to pick numbers between one and ten, and yelling out "WRONG" no matter what number was picked. Or I'd even say "Hey David, say 'four'" and then yell "WRONG" when he said "four." Of course, then we'd laugh about it, so Emmett has decided that that's a fun game, too. We tried to explain to him that one of the numbers had to be the right answer, and used six for an example. He still didn't really "get it."

So if Emmett ever asks you to pick a number between one and ten, be prepared to be wrong. But I'd suggest guessing six - it'll give you the best odds of having him say "Right!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video