How to scare your mother

Emmett likes playing in the sink. Now that he's figured out how to turn the water on and off himself in the bathroom, sometimes he'll go play there. To turn the water on and off, he'll climb up the cabinets a little and rest his tummy on the edge of the sink so he can reach. I've also seen him kneel on the counter to open the medicine cabinet. The first time I saw him climbing, it scared me. But in reality, it's not a big deal, and he really likes to be able to turn the water on and off himself.

While playing in the bathtub or sink, Emmett likes to play with a couple of syringes and some tubing. He'll put water in the tubing and then blow it out with his mouth or the syringe. Yesterday, I saw Emmett splash some water on the mirror. He then grabbed a small towel, climbed onto the counter until he was standing on it, and wiped up the mirror. Trying not to freak out, I said, "So do you do that a lot?" He said "Yeah."

Since then I've explained that while I don't mind him getting up onto the counter with his knees or leaning on his belly to reach the faucet, he shouldn't stand up there to wipe the mirror. I'll take care of that. (Please!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video