Growing Up

Emmett has started taking care of his things (sometimes) without even being asked! Last week, his crayons fell on the floor. We all noticed Jake had started stealing some to eat, but I hadn't had a chance to pick them up. Later that day when I went to pick them up, I noticed it was already done. A quick check with David revealed that it must have been Emmett. Sure enough, when I asked Emmett he said he picked them up so Jake wouldn't eat any more.

A couple of days ago, I cleaned Emmett's room. Later, I passed by and saw him playing with lots of little toys spread all around the floor. That night at bedtime, the toys were all back in their box, up on Emmett's shelf.

And today some winter gear arrived from Lands' End. A pair of boots, a pair of shoes, and a pair of mittens. I asked Emmett to put his new shoes away in his room, so he did. Later, I saw his new boots were put away, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video