Begging or stealing?

Luke has been watching us carefully while we eat for quite a while. We've been putting him in the high chair with toys during dinner, and so far that's been keeping him happy. Last night he was sitting in David's lap after dinner and nabbed a fistful of spaghetti. I had seen it coming, so the mess was avoided, and we'll never know what his true intentions were.

Today at lunch, I was cutting some chicken breast for Emmett with Luke in my lap. In a flash, he grabbed a piece and immediately pulled it to his mouth and started gumming it. Equally quickly, I took it back.

Maybe he was planning to eat that spaghetti. They say that begging is a sign of readiness for solid foods. I wonder what food stealing means.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hunger?

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.