Putting Luke to sleep

Putting Luke to sleep is fun. After nursing in the bed for a while, he'll usually lie flat on his back and squirm for a bit. Then he'll sit up (I usually help him, otherwise he just gets mad). Then he'll suck his thumb and lie back down on my arm. If he starts to fuss, I'll sing. Tonight, every time I'd start singing "I gave my love a cherry" he'd roll towards me and start sucking his thumb. Seriously - almost every time!

After a few (or more) times through this pattern, he'll be so sleepy that even when he sits up he doesn't open his eyes. His head bobs around and he slumps against my body, putting his head down and sucking his thumb. Then I'll slide him back down into my arms. Tonight, after he was clearly asleep, I saw him reach out like he was trying to get up. I decided not to help and he just flopped back down, completely asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video