More More More!!!

I think we saw Luke's first word tonight! :)

For a few weeks, I've been signing "more" and "all done" with Luke when I'm feeding him. From the start he's watched me very carefully when I'm signing, usually with a grin. Once or twice each time, I'll take his hands and bring them together (more) or wave one hand back and forth over his tray (all done).

Tonight, when I asked Luke if he wanted more, he brought his hands together! It was almost like he was clapping. It could have been a fluke, so after I gave him the bite, I asked him again if he wanted more. He did it again! Then I called David and Emmett inside, and we had another performance.

I'd heard of kids signing as early as around 6 months before, but I never thought Luke would return a sign so early (he's just over 7 months old). I guess it's time to brush up on my signing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.