The Problem with Spanish School

Every day, Emmett buys trinkets with the tokens he earns at school. These are party-favor style toys, and the big-ticket items come from the dollar store at most. As you can imagine, the quality doesn't even come close to matching a happy-meal-toy. With almost every prize, there is a problem at home when it breaks or doesn't work as it's supposed to. Still, Emmett is excited to get every one.

Which explains how I found myself in a park on a slightly windy day trying to get the World's Cheapest Kite into the air while wearing a baby in a sling. So I can't run, and I have to try not to smack or strangle Luke while trying to get the kite flying. And of course, the string is wound around a flat piece of plastic, so when I do get the kite in the air, letting out more string is slow and difficult at best (and I have to watch out so I don't bop Luke in the face while I'm doing the unwinding).

I did get the kite into the air, once with Luke in the sling and once after putting him on the ground. Emmett had a great time flying it. He seemed to think that kite flying required him to run back and forth, even after I explained that he could stand still. He got some good exercise, and came away from the park pretty tired. Not too bad for a Spanish School prize.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video