Yo te amo mas que tu!

Emmett and I talked about Spanish today. Emmett told me that sometimes they call white ice-cream "nieve" (snow), and sometimes they call it "blanco helado" (though I think that might properly be "helado blanco," not that I would try to correct Emmett's Spanish!).

I told Emmett, "Te amo" (I love you). He replied "Yo te amo mas que tu!" Once I figured out what he'd said, we went back and forth with "No, yo te amo mas que tu!" With my high-school Spanish, I would never have been able to come up with the proper way to say "I love you more (than you love me)."

I don't often get glimpses into just how much Spanish he's learning, and just how natural it is for him. Most of the time I don't understand enough to know what he's saying. But it's fun when I actually get it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!