Language Update

Luke really wants to communicate. He points and grunts a lot. He knows quite a few signs (about 15-20 these days), but mostly signs "bath" and "light." He rarely uses the sign for "milk," preferring instead to grab the boppy and bring it to me, or suck his thumb while pulling on my shirt.

I just checked on Emmett's signing when he was little, and at about 16 months he absolutely exploded with learning signs, going from around 12 signs at 15 months to 40 at 16 months to 68 at 17 months. I don't even remember most of those signs, but I guess they're good ones to go back and review.

Spoken communication is more limited, but still expanding. He says "Dada," and "Mama," but has added to this "Lee" for light, and he's definitely said "Juh" for "Jake."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!