More on Luke's language

For a while now, Luke responds to spoken commands. He successfully responds to stuff like "See Daddy's shoe? Go get Daddy's shoe," or "Bring me a book and I'll read it to you."

In the car, he sometimes fights when it's time to get strapped into his car seat. When David was driving a few days ago, I decided to try explaining to Luke why I needed him to sit down and get strapped in. I told him it was time to drive, and that we all needed to be in our seat belts to be safe. I went through each of the car occupants in turn - "Emmett is getting on his seat belt, Daddy has on his seat belt, Mommy is getting on her seat belt, and it's time for Luke to get on his seat belt." He immediately sat down and just looked at me (not yelling!) and let me strap him in.

Of course, that was probably a total fluke and I'll still have to fight with him. But it gave the impression of a great deal of understanding at the time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!