Maybe I should get my ears checked

This morning I while I was helping Emmett get dressed, Jake came in and curled up close to us. While I was carefully helping Emmett so he wouldn't fall on Jake, Emmett said, "Do you think he crapped in here last night?" Somewhat stunned, and not smelling anything, I said, "Huh?" Emmett repeated, "Do you think he crapped in here last night?"

Hmmm. So I started explaining to him that "crap" is kind of a bad word that means "poop", that people would react strongly to him using that word, blah blah blah. Emmett looked at me with his "angry" eyes, so I went on. I told him that while he chooses the words he uses, people will react differently to some words, and it's my job to be sure he understands that so he'll use the words he really wants.

When I finally paused, Emmett said, "I didn't say 'poop,' I said 'CREPT!'"

Oh.

Then later today, Emmett asked me how to spell "laugh." After I spelled it he asked, "Is another way to spell it 'b, a, t, h?'" Turns out he asked me how to spell "bath."

Comments

Stephanie said…
chortling over here....
James Ozenne said…
That's so funny I could crap

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video