Emmett draws a dog!

At the doctor today, Emmett was very bothered that I was having a long conversation with the doctor and not paying attention to him. The doc was smart, and asked him to draw a picture of his favorite animal. I wondered what would happen, because I've never seen him draw animals (or any object, really) before. He's drawn some inventive flowers, but that's it. He wanted me to do it, so I suggested he start with a circle for the head. After drawing that, he looked at me again. I suggested some ears. Next he drew a loooooooong oval to one side of the head, and told me it was the body (whew! I thought it was one biiiiiiig ear). He added ears, eyes, legs, and a tail. First he drew the tail between the dogs legs, but then he wanted the dog to be happy so he drew another one raised high. It was really quite amazing, because he hasn't gone representational with his artwork at home, at all.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Yay Emmett!

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video