Luke's baby

In the toy section at Target, Luke has been paying a lot of attention to Baby Alive. He grabs the box off the lowest shelf and toddles around with it saying "Beebee" over and over. I ignored it the first time, but after the second I began trying to figure out what kind of baby I could get him. Certainly not one that "eats" and "poops."

Of course, my first choice would be a totally awesome Waldorf doll like this, but $130 seems a bit steep. At a friend's house, I noticed that Luke was carrying around a Gloworm, and they had those at Target for $10 so I quickly pulled his attention away from the gross baby doll and to the gloworm. It was easy - the worm plays songs.

At bedtime, Luke usually asks for his "Beebee." Falling asleep, he plays the music a few times (and it lights up), but it hasn't prolonged bedtime noticeably. Maybe the worm will make a decent transition object, someday when I'm not putting Luke all the way to sleep every night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.