Singing with Luke

We know lots of songs where we have fun by inserting names of people we know. This session in Music Together there's a sweet song called "Dancing with Teddy." When I start singing it, Luke will yell out "Daddy!" so I sing "Dancing with Daddy." Then he yells out "Emmett!" or "Gabah!" and even sometimes "Jenny" and "Jake" (oddly, he's never yelled out "Mommy!"). When I sing with the names he's requested, he gets very excited, smiling and jumping around.

Luke is still singing along with the Music Together CDs in the car. Today he was singing along, with understandable fragments of words and mostly correct melodies.

He's still not singing in class, though. Last week Luke smiled and the teacher said, "Oh, I saw that! You were smiling!" which reminded me just how different he behaves in class vs. at home. At home, we dance together holding hands. In class, I have to pick him up when we are standing and dancing around the room. He won't let me leave him down and dance with me. And of course, at home he sings, smiles, and really enjoys music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.