Worst lullaby ever.

When Emmett was a baby, he slept on my chest most nights until he was heavy enough that it was no longer comfortable (20 pounds?). It was really nice, but Luke never liked it. Now that he's not nursing at night, he's willing to sleep in my chest. In fact when he wakes up, putting him on my chest is one of the best ways to get him back to sleep. Have I mentioned that he weighs 24 pounds?

After a long busy day today, Luke was having trouble falling asleep. So I pulled him up onto my chest and started singing lullabies. I cycled through a few, but he kept popping his head up and saying "No!" Then he said, "Tiki Room!" So I started singing the Tiki Room song, and he put his head back down. But then at the end of each line, he picked his head back up. His nose was less than an inch from mine and he was grinning, so of course I laughed. He laughed too and put his head back down. Fortunately, it only went on for a minute or so.

I'd love to end this story with "then he put his head down and went to sleep" but the real ending took way longer than that. He's asleep now and neither of us was traumatized, so it's a happy ending, if not a short one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!