David said I had to blog this.

We just got a new marble run, quadrilla. It's a little tricky to set up, so I've been doing most of the building so far. So I'm setting up a marble run, and Luke says to me, "Why are you bein' a bitch?"

Startled, I say, "What?" and he repeats, "Why are you bein' a bitch?"

Ok, so now my mind is racing - Clearly I must have mis-heard, where might he have heard this, he's being very matter-of-fact which is unnerving and since kids pick up the emotion of a word like that also kind of strange, the sort of curse words that occasionally slip through around here are those that might be uttered in frustration, not personal attacks, what is going on???

I try again and say "What?" This time, I hear "Why are you building a bitch," so I ask him, "Building what?" He points to the marble run and says, "A bridge! Why are you building a bridge?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video