Neighborhood Grinch

This afternoon some neighborhood friends of Emmett's were over playing when they started to argue a bit. They usually work things out pretty well so I didn't say anything. I heard a little complaining about something Emmett had done to his friend, but I couldn't make out what it was.

Then his friend said, quite emphatically, "You're not going to get any presents!" At this point I was really tempted to jump in - Christmas at my house is not conditional. Emmett knows it - it's come up before when he asked about the words to "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

Before I could even think of what I might say, Emmett shot back just as emphatically, "Yeah, well Santa doesn't even exist!" That didn't phase Emmett's friend, who replied, "Yes he does, and he's watching us all the time!" Fortunately that was the end of the exchange, and they ran down to Emmett's room to play a screaming game.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You told Emmett that bad kids get presents?

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video