What's Emmett up to?

He's reading everything in the house. Which is, of course, a good thing. Except if you're trying to get him to put on some socks, or tell you what he wants to drink with dinner. Sometimes, I'll put my hand over his eyes and ask a question, so he'll hear me (just standing right next to him, saying his name and asking a question usually doesn't work).

He's also been playing with a pretty simple calculator that we have around, and asking me what all the keys do. So we've talked about squaring numbers and square roots, exponents and roots higher than two, and I've learned that even on this pretty simple calculator, there are buttons that I don't know the function of.

Finally, I have to mention how great Emmett is with Luke. Luke is in a, um, difficult phase. He's really clingy, often unwilling to share (but sometimes will!), rather demanding etc. Emmett gets prizes from Spanish school each day, and he almost always lets Luke play with them in the car on the ride home (even knowing that Luke sometimes destroys them!). He's also great about working with Luke and trying to cooperate and keep them both happy when they're playing with the same toy. I only hope some of this rubs off on Luke before the new baby gets here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.