Smoothies

I bought a super-ultra-high-power-blender in the hopes of getting some more fruits and veggies into Luke via smoothies. It's powerful enough that you can put carrots into a fruit smoothie and texturally, they just disappear.

Last night I made the first smoothie (red/purple, because Luke absolutely refuses to let smoothies of another color touch his lips). Luke tasted it and declared it "good" but didn't drink much. Emmett loved it and drank it all. I told him there was a carrot in there along with the fruit, and he said, "I don't care what's in it, I just care how it tastes!"

I think we may have a long road with Luke, given previous experience with yogurt. For months and months (perhaps even close to a year), he wouldn't eat anything but Vanilla Activa yogurt. But just in the past few weeks, he's branched out - other flavors, other brands (wow! those containers even look different!). So I'm sure I can get him drinking smoothies, it just might take a year to branch out to colors other than red.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.