Jinx!

I don't want to jinx it, but I've been out of the house with all three kids twice now, and it's gone great both times. We went to Target a few days ago with a relatively short list, and it went fine. The hardest thing was moving Luke in and out of the cart with Henry in a sling. Henry did his part and slept the whole time. I nursed him in the car before going home, but the older boys were patient and didn't complain about that at all.

Today, we went to Ikea, and it was fine again. I do think I have to change the way we get out of the house a little. Typically, Henry is asleep while I get the boys ready and strap them into the car. Then I grab Henry, change his diaper, put him in his carseat, and head out. Today, though, he was hungry. Not far from home I stopped to nurse him because he hadn't settled down in the car. Again, Emmett and Luke waited patiently and I don't think it even occurred to them to complain (whew!). In the future, I think I'll be sure to nurse Henry just before getting in the car, if he's interested. After nursing today, Henry slept in the car and in the carrier at Ikea.

Mostly, I'm reporting this here so if it changes dramatically, I can at least remember what it was like when it was relatively easy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video