Feeding Henry

Henry is almost 6 months old, and he's been really grabby when I'm holding him and eating, so I brought out the high-chair and started trying to feed him. He likes to play with Cheerios on his tray, and over a few days has pretty much figured out how to get them into his mouth. They usually come out again pretty quickly. Once in a while he actually gums one long enough to eat some. By far the majority end up dropped on his lap, but Jenny has kindly taken to cleaning out the high-chair at the end of each meal. I'm also surprised how many cheerios will fit into his little neck folds.

I fed him some (tasteless) rice cereal and he didn't seem too interested, so I moved on to applesauce a couple of days later. When I got some into his mouth he made a face like I'd served him lemons. That was followed by bulging eyes, gagging, and spitting, like a cat with a hairball. I figured it was just a totally novel taste, so I've continued trying just a couple tastes of applesauce for a few meals. He gave the same reaction each time. This morning, I mashed some banana to see if he liked that any better, but no dice. Maybe he just doesn't want to eat?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video