Luke and letters

Luke is starting to read. A few months ago I realized that he knew most of the alphabet, so I started paying more attention to letters with him. He now has the alphabet down pat (except for some of the lower case letters, especially those like g that look very different in books than when written by hand).

He's also starting to sound things out. Typically I'll tell him the sounds and ask him to "mash them together" and figure out the word, which he can sometimes do. Today while reading "Go, Dog, Go" I was having him hunt for words on a page. After reading the page, I'd tell him which word to find and spell it for him. He was having a good time finding "tree" and "dog" and "sun."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video