Worry

Sometimes I wonder what's going on in Luke's head. A few days ago, he told me (with great emotion in his voice) that if I was cooking and someone was going to try to push me, he would stop them!

He's also been talking a bit about fire - Emmett gets Highlights magazine, and there was a cartoon about a family having a fire drill. So we talked about how rare house fires are, and how we'd get out and call the fire department from a neighbor's house, etc. A couple of days later, he mentioned fires again, and when I asked, said he was worried about it. Emphasizing how rare house fires are, I showed him where the fire extinguishers are in the house. So far he says he doesn't want to have a fire drill, and I wonder if doing that would relieve or intensify his worry. I remember having similar worries as a kid, because we learned at school that every family should have a plan for fires, but we never had fire drills at home. My fears were pretty mild and I didn't think about it often - I hope it's the same for Luke.

Comments

Deni said…
I would also stop someone who tried to push you while you were cooking. Especially if you were cooking something for me.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video