Cookie!

Henry learned the sign for "cookie" in record time. I found that tossing him a couple of animal-cracker type cookies is an effective way to buy a little time while I finish doing something, so I started showing him the sign for "cookie." Typically, he'd be starting to fuss and I would say and sign "cookie." He'd immediately stop fussing and look wide-eyed towards the kitchen counter where we keep the cookies. Sometimes this would happen near the end of a meal, so he'd lean forward and crane his neck to see around his high chair into the kitchen (cute!).

Less than two weeks after starting this, we were back in our bedroom and he was starting to fuss. It was close to lunch time, so I asked if he wanted a drink or if he wanted a cookie (including the sign). He ignored me while I was talking about a drink, but the moment the word "cookie" passed through my lips he sat up, looked at me, and signed, "cookie."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.