What, me worry?

Emmett came out from his bed at 9:30pm tonight to talk about square roots and what happens when you toss sodium metal into water (fun!). After he returned, I went to make sure he was turning off his light and noticed that Luke's bed was empty. I had thought he was asleep in his bed, so I asked Emmett what was up.

"Where's Luke?"
"Not in." (?!?)
"Where did he go?"
"I don't know, I was reading Number Devil when he left."
(and you didn't think I should know that your brother disappeared an hour ago and hasn't returned?)

Luke had crept downstairs and fallen asleep on a mattress in the room where David was playing video games. He never said a word.

Comments

Deni said…
if any of my older kids wanted to talk about square roots and sodium metal, my younger kids would probably leave to go watch video games, too.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!