Reading minutiae

As always, I missed some of Luke's reading milestones. He's gone past the "doesn't want to sound things out" stage and raced right on to the "I want to do it myself" stage. Today he left the couch where we were sitting together and sat on the rocking chair so he could sound things out without help.

He is, however, still in the stage where he has to sound a word out every time he encounters it, even if it's on the same page. When reading, "Mag can dig and dig," he sounded out dig both times! It's a strange stage if you ask me, but that's where he is. Some of the words (like can) seem to be becoming "sight words" for him, but I'm not sure if that's because he remembers the words or is remembering the story.

Comments

Deni said…
He's way younger than Sawyer, isn't he? Sometimes I think I'm raising monkeys at my place. :) We need to learn to read sooner.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.