Look, ma!

Henry has no fear.

At the park a few days ago, he was climbing one of those ladder-like things that start out vertical and then curve to horizontal where they meet the play structure. It was only 3 feet tall, but he scaled it over and over again. I had my hands under his belly in case he fell, but he only slipped off once.

At home, he likes to climb up onto the foot rest from the recliner seat in the couch. At first he'd only stand all the way up if he was holding my hands, but now he doesn't want them. He's even climbed it when it was only partially extended, so it was at a pretty steep angle.

In the back yard, he climbs all over the play structure unassisted - up the ladder and down the slide, up the slide and down the ladder, whatever. Yesterday I held him up to one of the monkey bars so he could grab on and hang. I held my hands just outside his torso and let him hold himself up, and he could hang for about 5 seconds before falling. He loved it. While he was hanging he would laugh so hard that his whole body would shake. After I put him on the ground he demanded to hang and drop over and over again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video