Henry's signs

Henry doesn't sign the way his brothers did. I don't know if it's that we're using fewer signs (because I'm spread thinner with three boys) or if it's something else, but he only signs when he really, really wants something.

For example, we recently went on a short canoe ride. Henry hated the life vest and was pretty unhappy to be in the canoe in general, but finally settled down and played with the water (as I kept an iron grip on his life vest). Emmett and Luke were both happy to paddle with Dad. While sitting on my lap near the end of the ride, Henry started grabbing the collar of my shirt in a classic "I want to nurse!" move. Since I was wearing a life vest and we were in a canoe he wasn't getting what he wanted. Only then did he start signing "milk" - I don't think I've seen him use that sign in weeks, maybe longer. (I guess pulling on my shirt works pretty well for him.)

Anyway, for posterity, here's a list of signs that Henry uses right now, at least occasionally:

drink/eat
milk
dog
more
all done
cat
down
bath
bye-bye

Comments

Flipper said…
cat?
Yeah - you never know what's going to stick. There are cats in a couple of books that we read, and there's a cat on Curious George. He seems to really like showing you that he knows what's up.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video