That's my boy

While we were at the aquarium, they were feeding the penguins. Someone from the aquarium was by the exhibit, telling us about penguins and answering questions. At some point, she explained that penguins don't fly, but they have hollow bones that help them dive down deep under the water. This didn't sound right to me, but I ignored it and watched the penguins.

Near the end of the feeding she asked if anyone had any questions and Emmett's hand shot up. He said, "Don't hollow bones help birds fly?" Of course he'd picked up on the error and wanted clarification. For a brief second I wondered what she'd do and was worried that Emmett may have put her on the spot. She correctly answered his question though, explaining that hollow bones help birds fly and penguins have solid bones. I realized that she had simply misspoken earlier. But factual errors never escape Emmett's notice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video