I guess he's listening

The central conflict in the movie Ratatouille seems to be a matter of inheritance - a famous chef has died without children and his sous chef will inherit everything two years after his death unless an heir is found. To explain the scene where the sous chef is talking to his lawyer, I turned to Emmett and said, "So the famous chef died without an heir. What does that mean?" I asked him because this has come up a lot during our history lectures.

Luke caught me by surprise by jumping up and yelling, "Vacuum!" In fact, Mr. Powell does hammer home the point that when a king dies without an heir, there's often a power vacuum and some chaos as a result. But Luke isn't really listening to history with us - he's usually playing with his iPod or watching TV in another room. I can't believe he picked that up just from being around!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks, Emmett.