Maybe I need a new story

When putting Henry to bed, I always end with a story featuring him and a friend starting out doing something fun, and then getting tired, having a snack, and listening to me tell a story. The "story within a story" is either the Big Red Barn or Goodnight Moon, because I know those two by heart (we do "story time" in the dark so Henry is asleep or nearly so by the end of it).

Tonight he picked Big Red Barn and I quickly realized that he knows it by heart, too. Even though his words aren't very clear, he was reciting much of the story with me! When I was slowing down near the end, he finished a line for me. I said, "And the little donkey gave..." and he jumped in with a pretty clear "one last bray!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!