Henry is too cute to keep track of it all

Today Henry and I made a "sick kid" visit to the Dr. When the doctor came in the room, Henry jumped right in and started describing his symptoms - he didn't seem to need me there at all. Amused by this loquacious kid, the doctor asked if he knew his last name. Henry thought, and thought, and thought, and then said, "My last name is two and a half."

Henry has started telling me things he's nervous about. Like he wants to jump off the changing table, and I suggest that he hold my hand while he does it, and then (holding my hand), he tells me, "But I will be nervous about jumping." In the end, he jumps and has a good time. We watched a video of the Matterhorn at Disneyland (which Henry will not be riding on this trip). A day or two later, he said, "I was nervous about that Yeti!"

While I was calling Henry a "silly bear" he told me he was not a silly bear. So I called him a "funny bunny," and he looked at me very seriously, held up a marble and said, "If you call me funny bunny, I will put this marble in your nose!"

This evening while David and I lifted weights, Henry was eager for us to be finished. When I put him off of my lap to go do a set, he said sternly, "I'm going to count to three. One, two, three!" I couldn't stop laughing.

Comments

Suji said…
Delightful story! :) That age is just so precious (I think every age is in its way). I remember kiddo taking everything I said so literally at the time. Like when I said he looked like a delicious snack, he really thought I was going to eat him! Ack! LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video