Lily

Yesterday, Henry had something important he wanted to know.  "Mom, what's Mary?  Not Meri like the kid (Meri visited recently), mary!"  I figured out he meant getting married, so I told him that when you find someone you want to be a family with, you marry them so you can spend the rest of your life together, and that's what Dad and I had done, etc.  Then he said, kind of sheepishly, "Well, I would like to marry Lily."  (the 4 year old next door).  It was so cute and funny!  I didn't laugh (whew!). 

I did explain that it's the kind of thing you decide as an adult, though. I hope he takes my word for that.

Comments

Suji said…
I wonder how he'll feel about this post five years from now. :) It's just so sweet when they say these things. Kudos to you for being able to hold the laugh.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.