Goblin Dinner

I decided to throw a low-stress "goblin dinner" together today on Halloween. I bought refrigerator crescent rolls, cut them into thin strips, and wrapped up hot dogs like mummies. I also made "witches fingers" - cheese pizza cut into thin strips with red bell pepper "nails" on one end. The kids were playing next door when I started cooking, so when Henry came through the door, I told him he'd just missed the goblins who had dropped by and given me some food for dinner along with instructions on how to finish making it. Emmett played along, saying he'd seen them and they were green with pointy ears and a little bit shorter than Henry. After dinner when I mentioned the goblins again, Henry said, "But there weren't really goblins, right?" I asked him, "Are goblins real?" and he said, "No." So I said, "So I have to be joking, right?" and he said, "Yes." I confirmed that I was, in fact, joking. He was pretty sure that goblins hadn't brought our dinner, but he really wanted me to tell him so he could be positive.

Comments

Flipper said…
Aaron and Sabrina rejected Gini's attempt at mummy dogs. Apparently, the best strategy is "nothing new." :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video