The little things

1. A couple days ago, Emmett crawled under Jenny again. This time, he went the long way, tail to chest.

2. Jake was running outside and yelped as he hit the porch. This happens rarely, but is not unheard of due to the arthritis. Emmett asked what happened, and I told him Jake yelped because his foot hurt. He told me to go outside and kiss Jake's foot. We settled on a blown kiss.

3. At the end of The Cat In The Hat, the mother has returned home and asks the kids what they did while she was out. The last line is "Well, what would you do if your mother asked YOU?" Last night, I finally got an answer out of Emmett.

First, I told him to pretend that I was gone, and the Cat in the Hat came to the door. I asked him what he would do. He said "You're here." He's right. The hypothetical in which I'm gone is ridiculous and not worth considering. So I tried again. What if I were taking a nap and the Cat in the Hat came to the door? He said "Wake you up!" Smart kid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!