Odds and ends

Yesterday while Emmett and I waited for the van's tire to be fixed, Emmett made up a game. We sat with one empty chair between us and slid quarters back and forth to each other. According to Emmett, this game was called "A Mickey Game." Emmett was Mickey and I was Goofy. I told him he was Goofy, because he was the goofiest. A bit later Emmett said "I'm Mickey because I'm the Mickiest!"
...

Emmett has new slippers that have monster faces on them. I asked him if he wanted to name them. He seemed to be having trouble thinking of a name, so I suggested Sally for the left slipper. He picked Emmett for the right slipper. He actually remembers which is which -- when I put Sally on first earlier today, he made me take both slippers off because he wanted me to put Emmett on first! Sometimes, he asks me to pet them. And sometimes he pets them, too.
...

Yesterday David, Emmett, and I were all singing and playing instruments in Emmett's room. Emmett started telling us what to do, saying that he was the teacher and we were the singers in music class. It was really cute, and we all had a great time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

A Short Eclipse Video