Bad dreams?

Last night Emmett woke up and told me he was having bad dreams. As usual, I asked him what was happening so we could "fix" his dreams to make them better. Most of the time he can't remember, but last night I got lots of details.

First, he talked about jumbled pictures like a puzzle. Then he said flash cards were dancing around his room. Then he mentioned that his stack of art had come out of the cabinet and was dancing around the house. All of this was preventing him from sleeping. He also mentioned a robot serving food, and told me that he'd "erase" from his dreams anything that wasn't real, like the dragon hanging in the bush. That's a lot of dreaming!

This morning when I asked him about it again, he was quite sure that his eyes had been open and he had been seeing all of these things. I wasn't able to convince him that when he dreams, he thinks he's awake and seeing, but he really isn't.

Comments

Beverly said…
I don't think kids can be talked out of something like this. I hope you were able to fix it for him.
Yeah, I couldn't convince him that he was really asleep. He'll often complain that he isn't getting any sleep at all when he's having dreams that he remembers. Fortunately, this one just blew over and he's been sleeping as usual since then.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.