Definitely our son

At an outdoor potluck on Easter, Emmett looked at a large dial-type thermometer and then asked me "Mom, do you know what temperature is the same for Celsius and Fahrenheit?" 

As it turned out, David had taken a "how much science do you know" quiz on the computer just the night before, and mentioned to me that very fact, so I told Emmett, "Yes I do - it's 40 below zero." 

He said, "yep!" and I asked him if he'd talked to Dad about it, or if he'd just noticed it on the thermometer.  He had just noticed it.

This whole conversation took place in front of our neighbor.  I had a hard time deciding whether to tell him that David and I had talked about that bit of science trivia the night before or not - which is less weird - for that to come up repeatedly in my family, or for me to just know that fact?  (I told him David and I talked about it the day before.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!