He's on to me

The kids (and their friends) have a strong tendency to take apart toys and spread the pieces all around the house, so that things with one specific purpose are separated from the other parts that would allow them to function.  It drives me insane.

When the most recent part went missing, I banned the Xbox until it is found, in the hopes that the boys (and their friends) would have incentive to look for it, and to try to remember where someone carried it off to in the first place.  It's been three days and the part has not been found.

This evening, Henry wanted to play a game on the Xbox.  Henry isn't really banned from Xbox, because he's not involved in the toy shredding (yet), but he can't play alone so I asked Emmett to play with him.  Emmett didn't want to play the game Henry wanted to play, so he protested.  Here's how it went:

Emmett: "But I'm banned from XBox!"
Me:  "You're not banned from playing Raving Rabids" (that's the game Henry wants to play)
Emmett: "Well then why am I banned from playing Minecraft?"
Me: "Because you want to play Minecraft!"
Emmett: "Well, uh, I want to play Raving Rabids!"
Me: "Good - go play with Henry!"


Comments

Kerrirules said…
lol, Haha. Take that Emmett.

Popular posts from this blog

April 8, 2024

Thanks, Emmett.

Birthday Weekends: Highly recommended!!!!